DatePicker will not load on machine

JONeill

Board Regular
I'm writing a macro with a date picker but it won't load on the machine that I'm testing it on. I'm using 2007 on both machines. On the test machine, I noticed there is only the Office12 folder in the installation folder. On the machine I'm working on, there are several folders. I downloaded the date picker add in and added it to Excel. Still won't load. The message I get is along the lines of that the object library isn't available. Have not asked but I'm sure the installation CD is long gone and obviously, 2007 is no longer supported so, no updates. Anyone have any ideas. Today, I'm going to try and register the mscomct2.ocx file and see what that does. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Saw that the Windows common control library is missing in the VBE references. Tried to register the mscomctl.ocx file in the WOW64 folder and restarted the machine but I still get a message saying "Could not load object because it is not available on this machine."

Upvote 0
Did you run the cmd.exe as an Admistrator?

Did you get a message saying that you've succeed when registering the file?

Did you follow instructions similar to the ones in the following link?

https://www.wiseowl.co.uk/blog/s440/date-time-picker-vba.htm

Yes, I followed all the instructions except I registered the mscomct snd not the mscomct2. I did get a successful registration. I do have a copy of the second file on another machine. I can move that file into the sysWOW64 folder and re-register. Unfortunately, someone else has that machine right now. Because I was going from machine to machine, I didn't notice the different names. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. I'll let you know. thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back