VB Code is gone! Job on the line

Stevep4

I created a xlsm file that created like 10 reports automatically. I go to open the file and it says "Can't find project or library." All the code is gone. I can't save the file as a new file. Basically I can't do anything. I tried to go into the vb editor but it won't let me. I'm numb. numb. anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
If you don't have a backup, Windows might have a copy. From Windows Explorer, right click on the file name > Properties > Previous Versions.

Upvote 0
Have you tried starting Excel and then using File/Open to look to see if the option "Recover Unsaved Workbooks" provides a solution?

If this is on a work server, the company should be taking backups nightly etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You shouldn’t get a “can’t find project or library” error unless excel is trying to compile or run some code, so there must be code there.

Upvote 0
All I see is a white screen. All the code is gone. can't do anything. when I hit alt f11 it opens vb but it's just blank. when I go to tools, references it doesn't do anything. It's all just gone.

Upvote 0
If you disable macros in the Trust Center and then open the workbook, is the code there? It sounds like your code is running and basically freezing Excel to me, possibly with screen updating still turned off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back