Barcode Reader with Userform textbox

dktx2016

Hi All,

I have a barcode scanner which I use to scan information directly into cells and it works great.
I have created a Userform with a Textbook but when I try to scan some barcodes with the same barcode scanner into the textbox nothing happens. Do I have to change some properties of the textbook?

Thank you,

David

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
An Idea, maybe when it scans to a cell, you could read-out that cell whilst you're in the Userform?
Have you tried that?
The code that writes it to the cell, can't you change it to write to the textbox on the userform?

Upvote 0
Thx for the reply, write now I'm trying on a new excel with no code on it except the user form with one textbook on it, I activate the userform and trying to scan directly onto the textbook. I don't want to scan to a cel and then copy the info to the textbook.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I don't get it.
Userform is open, focus is on the textbook, I am scanning and no text appears.
If I focus on a cell, let's say A1, then after I scan the text appears in A1.

Upvote 0
YOU said you have a user form with a text box so just write the code in this user form to read the value from that worksheet’s cell

Upvote 0
Use the SAME code you use to place it in the cell but then point it to the textbox
What dos the vba code look like?

Upvote 0
Hello dktx2016,

I think there is some confusion around the meaning of "UserForm". There are 2 types of user forms: Worksheet and VBA. Most people assume that the word when written as "userform", without qualification, refers to a VBA UserForm. If you have added controls to a worksheet then this too is called a user form and mistakenly written the same way as the VBA object. You should initially qualify the word in your post so there is no ambiguity. For example, I have a worksheet userform or I have a VBA userform. It will save a lot of time.

Upvote 0
Okay, but still it's a a question of setting the rerences to the correct item.
If it's on the worksheet you have two methods, the ActiveX and the Userform control so that makes a difference too.

Upvote 0
So I've created a VBA userform with a textbox, I have parcels with a barcode on it that refers to and ID number, I'm trying to scan directly from the label on the parcel into a textbook on my VBA userform and nothing happens, when I scan the label on the parcel into a regular cell, the ID number appears in that specific cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back