Searching content inside excel column and know their facebook,twitter or linkedin page

Davide9000

Hi all,
i have an excel column of 4000 rows that contains internet website and i want to know if this internet website have inside them relations with their facebook, twitter or linkedin page. Is that possible? and if it were possible how can i automate the compilation of another three column(facebook, linkedin and twitter)with their linkin page in excel? Thank you all.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Are you asking to check if the URL is a facebook, twitter or linkedin page? Can you provide a test URL for example (not a real URL as that may violate someones privacy).

Upvote 0
Are you asking to check if the URL is a facebook, twitter or linkedin page? Can you provide a test URL for example (not a real URL as that may violate someones privacy).
sorry, i inserted an url to imgur as example but it didn't charge before. Here is an example:
https://imgur.com/a/QSkGSy7.
I have only a column with various website(4000). I want to automate the insertion of their respective facebook, twitter or linkedin pages if they have one, task that up to now i did manually. Is it possible to automate it ?and if so,how? thank you

Upvote 0
What I think you are looking for is Web scraping or web mining. While you can automate IE with multiple URL's if the HTML is different (and it will be) i would imagine this is impossible in Excel. A more advanced web mining tool like python would probably make this possible.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else has more insight into this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back