Looping and conditions - VBA

Raist

Hello!

I get some workbooks on a weekly basis from a supplier. The data is split across 4/5 worksheets and I pick up certain data from the last worksheet (anything that has a 0 as the 1st charachter in the string in column B) and add it to the prior sheet under the last cell in column B with a 0 as the 1st letter. I then repeat until all data is on the 1st sheet. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me build it please?

I'm thinking I'll need to loop through the sheets in the workbook, use a for loop on each sheet with an if statement nested inside to test for the 1st charachter being 0. Something like this:

For Each Sheets In Workbook
For j = 2 To 50
If Left(Cells(j, 2), 1) = 0 Then Rows(j).Copy _

Next cell
Next Sheet

I think the bit I'm going to find most difficult is pasting to the prior sheet under the last cell with a 0 in it (there is text information in the cells above and below that data but I'm happy for that to be overwritten).

Thanks (and apologies, I'm very early in my macros studies!)

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Assuming you want to copy all the rows in all your sheets starting in Sheet (2) in your Workbook if Column B value begins with a zero.

This script will copy all those row into Sheet(1)

Run this script from Sheet(1)

Which is the sheet in the far left position on your tab Bar
Code:
Sub Copy_Row()
'Modified  9/11/2018  2:22:12 AM  EDT
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim i As Long
Dim b As Long
Dim Lastrow As Long
Sheets(1).Activate
Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
Dim Lastrowa As Long
Lastrowa = 2
    For b = 2 To Sheets.Count
        Lastrow = Sheets(b).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
            For i = 2 To Lastrow
                If Left(Sheets(b).Cells(i, 2), 1) = 0 Then
                    Sheets(b).Rows(i).Copy Sheets(1).Rows(Lastrowa)
                    Lastrowa = Lastrowa + 1
                End If
            Next
    Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for this, My Answer Is This. It's not doing quite what I'm looking for it to do (I don't think my description of what I wanted was the clearest) but it's a lot closer than I was - I think I'll work with that and see if I can get it to do from here - will be good practice for me - thanks again! So impressed with this.

Upvote 0
Glad I was able to help you. Glad your trying to sort it out by yourself. Not sure what it's doing wrong. If you need more help please explain what it's doing wrong. And maybe explain more what your wanting.
Thanks so much for this, My Answer Is This. It's not doing quite what I'm looking for it to do (I don't think my description of what I wanted was the clearest) but it's a lot closer than I was - I think I'll work with that and see if I can get it to do from here - will be good practice for me - thanks again! So impressed with this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back