DWB82

Hi All

I am looking for help building an averageifs formula.

The formula needs to average between 2 dates which will be across the top of the data, and take in to account a third variable which will be to the left of the formula.

This is the formula that I currently have: "=ROUNDUP(AVERAGEIFS('Indirect Overview'!$C3:$XFD3,'Indirect Overview'!$C$1:$XFD$1,">="&Sheet6!H$5,'Indirect Overview'!$C$2:$XFD$2,"<="&Sheet6!H$6),0)"

Any help that can be given would be great!

Thanks

D

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
unclear on what you're after

The formula seems to be averaging between two dates OK, so the only thing left is this "third variable", but you don't say how the variable should affect your answer? Is it a multiplier, another criteria that impacts which values to be included..?

Upvote 0
I will explain what I am trying to do hopefully that will help.

I have broke down the formula with below with explainations of what it should be doing:

=AVERAGEIFS(

This is the range of cells that contains all of the total values-'Indirect Overview'!$C3:$XFD25,

These are the cells that contain all of the dates - 'Indirect Overview'!$C$1:$XFD$1,">="&Sheet6!H$5,'Indirect Overview'!$C$2:$XFD$2,"<="&Sheet6!H$6,

This is the third criteria that is horizontal - 'Indirect Overview'!$B$3:$B$25,Sheet6!$E7)

The part that I am struggling with is the horizontal data...

Thanks again for any help you can :)

Upvote 0
Hi

Yes the value in Cell E7 would only occur in the lookup range once.

Thanks

Dominic

Upvote 0
Hi

Yes the value in Cell E7 would only occur in the lookup range once.

Thanks

Dominic

Let's try:

Rich (BB code):
=ROUNDUP(AVERAGEIFS(
    INDEX('Indirect Overview'!$C3:$XFD3,MATCH(Sheet6!$E7,'Indirect Overview'!$B$3:$B$25,0),0),
    'Indirect Overview'!$C$1:$XFD$1,">="&Sheet6!H$5,'Indirect Overview'!$C$2:$XFD$2,"<="&Sheet6!H$6),0)

Upvote 0
Let's try:

Rich (BB code):
=ROUNDUP(AVERAGEIFS(
    INDEX('Indirect Overview'!$C3:$XFD3,MATCH(Sheet6!$E7,'Indirect Overview'!$B$3:$B$25,0),0),
    'Indirect Overview'!$C$1:$XFD$1,">="&Sheet6!H$5,'Indirect Overview'!$C$2:$XFD$2,"<="&Sheet6!H$6),0)

I have used the code above when the value in E7 changes I get a "#REF!" error...

Upvote 0
I have used the code above when the value in E7 changes I get a "#REF!" error...

Edited fot the range to sum, see bold...

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGEIFS(
INDEX('Indirect Overview'!$C$3:$XFD$25,MATCH(Sheet6!$E7,'Indirect Overview'!$B$3:$B$25,0),0),

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back