status bar not showing sum in excel for mac 2011

kylefoley76

As you can see from this screenshot, the status bar in Excel for Mac is not showing the sum or averages. I've been using Excel for Mac 2011 for years and the sum has always been there. I also refuse to upgrade to Excel for Mac 2016 because I tried it for about 3 weeks and discovered that it was a horrible step backward.

https://ibb.co/d3jkxK

Some websites recommend right clicking on the status bar but (a) you can't do that on a mac and (b) the analogous feature which is hold two fingers down, does not do anything.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
From that screenshot, it doesn't look like you have any data selected (the activecell is blank).

Upvote 0
Your status bar definitely doesn't look right. It should be divided into more sections, and there should be a black arrow to allow you to choose the summary functions to display. Is this a recent change?

Upvote 0
I found the source of the problem but I'm not able to prevent the cause. I have a macro on infinite loop which saves the workbooks every 30 seconds. This is because my Excel crashes about once a day and when it does it takes a lot of time for me to rename everything and put the workbooks in their proper files, so I have to have this macro running. When this line of code runs:

Code:
Workbooks(k).Save

The status bar disappears and I can only get it back if I quit Excel and reopen everything.

Upvote 0
i should also point out that the k in the above code stands for one of my open workbooks. And of course there is more to the code then just that one line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back