Portion of other spreadsheet overlays current spreadsheet

LarryBud

Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.4639.1000) 32-bit

This is a macro enabled workbook with several modules in Visual Basic. Also, every spreadsheet has Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick sub routines. One spreadsheet is "Summary Report". "Summary Report reads values (via if statements and simple = formulas) on the other spreadsheets. There are a total of 17 spreadsheets in the single workbook. Every spreadsheet is password protected with certain cells unlocked for user input.

My problem is that on occasion, and I have not yet been able to predict or cause it to happen, I will be editing, in unprotected mode, a spreadsheet and a portion of the "Summary Report" spreadsheet will overlay part of my current spreadsheet. It disappears if I scroll it off, then scroll back. It also disappears if I change the zoom level. I edit a cell, go to another, an it happens again. It has not happened when the spreadsheet is protected, and it does not happen all the time. Taking a foam rubber bat to the computer has not helped, but has calmed me somewhat.

Any experience with this? Or any ideas where to look for the source of the problem?

Thanks all.

Larry

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back