SUMIFS question

asfasf

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone.

I just registered to ask the gurus here for some help.

I'm trying to make a system to record the attendance in some classes. These classes can either be in group (most common) or individual.
When a student misses a individual class and attend one in a group (exceptional) in a way to be compensated, then the time only counts as half.

For example: group duration is often 2h and if a student who doesn't belong to that group (because he has individual classes) attends it, then it only counts as 1h to him. The system must be able to "see" the student attended a group, but to not count his presence in the group.

The sum of hours each student has in a month it's separated by "IND" (for individual) and "GRP" (for group).

The problem I'm facing it's I can't seem to subtract the presence of that student (who has individual classes) by month.
If a student goes to a group class in September and another one in October, the system is counting twice the September one in October and vice-versa.

I'm going to show the formulas I currently have:

E11: =SUMIFS($AA11:$ND11;$AA$9:$ND$9;9;$AA$10:$ND$10;"IND")+SUMIF(AB11:HV11;"ci";AA11:HV11)
F11: =SUMIFS($AA11:$ND11;$AA$9:$ND$9;9;$AA$10:$ND$10;"GRP")-SUMIFS($AA11:$ND11;$AA$9:$ND$9;9;$AA$11:$ND$11;"ci")
AA11: =IF(OR(AB11="x";AB11="f";AB11="c");AA$8;IF(AB11="ci";AA$8*0,5;""))

x means full attendance; f means missed class; c means doesn't belong to that group but has group classes; ci means it's a student who has individual classes and compensated on a group one.

So, in E11 I'm trying to SUM if the individual student compensated on a group, in F11 i'm subtracting his presence from the group.

Please, see the images below. Thanks for any help.

AA11
I9myWVY.png

E11
Of69vbz.png

F11
sUuuCFk.png

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back