Code to Clear Search Box in Excel for Mac 2016

SanjayGMusafir

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. MacOS
Can there be some code to clear Search Box that exists at the top Right corner in Excel for Mac 2016?

I have tried using "Record Macro" method but nothing works...

Please help

Thanks a lot

kM7_veOSy4tLRSPA8klitkLfVHUffrcZx-74m7lF__MAaeI5XEGdo0GnIcOk98euluEwWKkIYgLhPaFMfxRizqjY4IxNsqXr65iTargs3AdwF_GfA7tEA2tDOe3-SfGD4zJcwOxFQliiQu9Ock9tdAI0IxqUHcNSEsRK-yq2umJbsizqm3V9KymHhmmM4UQusrF4YiuBW_FwRQXnI16z3-gT4Zh92yXdST66KCqSckkrWr5u4hGUkSeazg1pzQ7kS7qfV53DvYeK_R54LIcW5uE4HKBnzAWUhCEFM_THQ0C6Tuk_RxHxnAYlPsT1J-v-LGY6Hp2UwS9nQFMU136anYEEZqSfEauwU6KFI6kkMgM2kgkhQ2Bdhsl3dX1CtHe9tZfulav-E7t7drFnLAhe1vEVfFPmuMAOwYRWWg0Q9bw8Jum6aRniXiagQTwGT9vwhsy3fH36_HlEmCrKqKV1b12eqa8xDFQnO1av3viav5vlcAiFt58pM3RfHe6_xRwUZUgFllxwAKAV7ilQKHvk7WAz96Q40C0bxd1tftdAjuEx-1FI7nVOGu9uUbYtyQn20Klp1gGeM5Ya5I7e_9GnN-9C3Ng7jHjoE7vQJmFbBhTd7ZUQnNq8jQBszedOfwmU=w1278-h148-no

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I have seen this same question here before.

What is this search box used for?
I do not own a Mac.

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding.

Search box is used to find anything within a worksheet...

But it doesn't get cleared automatically. so need to have some code, that I want to use as part of another code, to clear this search box.

Thanks a lot ��
I have seen this same question here before.

What is this search box used for?
I do not own a Mac.

Upvote 0
Sorry. I have no answer for you.
While not using a MAC I have no way to know.
Your attempting to use a built in search Box and then wanting to use Vba to clear the Search Box.

This I believe would even be impossible if using a PC

Upvote 0
It's still hard for me to understand why you would want to:

Enter a search value into the built in search box.
Have the search completed.
But then want to some how activate a script which would then clear the search Box.

So even if I could write a script to clear the search box. How would it be easier to then press a button or use a shortcut key to run a script to clear the search Box then to just click on the search box and clear it?

If your wanting to search for values using Vba.

We could have a Inputbox popup on the screen.
You enter the search value and a script would do the search.
And do what ever else you wanted.

Upvote 0
Just to give you an idea why I need it and how I will be using it -

Normally, at the end of my consultation sessions, I run a script that updates (or brings back) all my worksheets to the formats I require. So with "record macro" process, I was able to get a vba that would do everything for me in one click. As I explored the comfort of it, I kept improvising and adding more elements to that "One Click".

Primarily, this coding will also be part of that "One Click"

If You may Please help.

Thanks a lot ��
It's still hard for me to understand why you would want to:

Enter a search value into the built in search box.
Have the search completed.
But then want to some how activate a script which would then clear the search Box.

So even if I could write a script to clear the search box. How would it be easier to then press a button or use a shortcut key to run a script to clear the search Box then to just click on the search box and clear it?

If your wanting to search for values using Vba.

We could have a Inputbox popup on the screen.
You enter the search value and a script would do the search.
And do what ever else you wanted.

Upvote 0
Well you did not explain why you even use the built in search box.
And you did not show me your script. So it's hard to help and I do not believe a Vba script can clear a built in Search Box.

If you want to search for a value as part of the script you do not need to use the built in search box.

Show me your script.

Upvote 0
MrExcel Please help

I'm on mac. Excel 2016. can't find any way out...

The keys I use -

Command + F to reach search box
DELETE to Clear Search

But I want to automate it, as part of another vba code.

Thanks a lot

Can there be some code to clear Search Box that exists at the top Right corner in Excel for Mac 2016?

I have tried using "Record Macro" method but nothing works...

Please help

Thanks a lot

kM7_veOSy4tLRSPA8klitkLfVHUffrcZx-74m7lF__MAaeI5XEGdo0GnIcOk98euluEwWKkIYgLhPaFMfxRizqjY4IxNsqXr65iTargs3AdwF_GfA7tEA2tDOe3-SfGD4zJcwOxFQliiQu9Ock9tdAI0IxqUHcNSEsRK-yq2umJbsizqm3V9KymHhmmM4UQusrF4YiuBW_FwRQXnI16z3-gT4Zh92yXdST66KCqSckkrWr5u4hGUkSeazg1pzQ7kS7qfV53DvYeK_R54LIcW5uE4HKBnzAWUhCEFM_THQ0C6Tuk_RxHxnAYlPsT1J-v-LGY6Hp2UwS9nQFMU136anYEEZqSfEauwU6KFI6kkMgM2kgkhQ2Bdhsl3dX1CtHe9tZfulav-E7t7drFnLAhe1vEVfFPmuMAOwYRWWg0Q9bw8Jum6aRniXiagQTwGT9vwhsy3fH36_HlEmCrKqKV1b12eqa8xDFQnO1av3viav5vlcAiFt58pM3RfHe6_xRwUZUgFllxwAKAV7ilQKHvk7WAz96Q40C0bxd1tftdAjuEx-1FI7nVOGu9uUbYtyQn20Klp1gGeM5Ya5I7e_9GnN-9C3Ng7jHjoE7vQJmFbBhTd7ZUQnNq8jQBszedOfwmU=w1278-h148-no

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back