Copy and Paste in adjacent cell using "first emply cell"

SAMCRO2014

Board Regular
I am stumped on how to code something. I am using copy and paste from Worksheet “SPS”and pasting the data to the first blank cell of a specific column in Worksheet “Data”.I had no problems figuring this out except formy last column.
I want to find the first empty cell in column N and paste the information starting in the adjacent cell in Column O.

This is what I have:

'Copy and paste Projection Amount Data
Dim SPS As Worksheet
Set SPS = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("SPS+")
Dim lastO As Long
LastRowSPS2 =SPS.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Range("N3:N" &LastRowSPS2).Copy
With Data
lastO =.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1
.Range("N"& lastO).PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
.Range("N"& lastO).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With

ActiveSelection.Cut
ActiveSelection.Offset(0,1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hello,

If you are looking for the First Blank Cell ...

Code:
[COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] FirstBlankCell[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]=[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"N2:N"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]&[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] Rows[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Count[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Cells[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]SpecialCells[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]xlCellTypeBlanks[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Row[/FONT][/COLOR]

HTH

Upvote 0
I can find the first blank cell in Column N but how to I then get the macro to paste the information in the adjacent cell in Column O. There is no data in column O and I need the information to paste in a different cell each time the macro is run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry ... but your objective is not clear to me ...

If you have located the correct Row in column N ... and need to store something in the adjacent cell in Column O ...

you can use the Offset function ... Offset( Range,0,1) ...

HTH

Upvote 0
I have salary actuals posted in column N. The number of rows will change constantly. Column O is the amount of salary we projected to spend for the same time frame. So I need the paste the projected salary amounts in first blank cell adjacent to column N...in Column O. I have a macro written to create a pivot table with these two columns being used for the values and creating a calculated field to show the variance.

Upvote 0
Sorry ... I cannot understand what you are looking for ...:eek:

Hope somebody else will sort it out for you ...:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back