Two Data Source Pivot Returning Field Total Sum Instead of Individual Values

ohnow

Hello,
I'm trying to create a pivot using two data sources for the first time. I'm familiar with one-source pivots. In the same workbook, I have two worksheets which have inventory quantities by inventory part number. I am trying to make a comparison of the two. I followed the steps from YouTube vid: Advanced PivotTables: Combining Data from Multiple Sheets.

Both sheets use the column name Full_Comp_Part for the part number and and Beg_On_Hand for the quantity. Both sheets use the same part numbers. The sheet called "Inv Flow by Mo" has vlookups to the sheet called "Beginning Inv". In the pivot, the quantities from the Beginning inventory sheet show correctly by inventory part number. But, the quantities from the Inv Flow by Mo sheet are the same for every part number and are the total of all part number quantities summed together. I'm new to BI and I tried to compare these two sheets in BI and saw the same results.

Does anyone know how to show individual quantities by part number from the Inv Flow by Mo sheet in the pivot?

Here is an example of the pivot:
Values
Full_Comp_PartStatusSum of Beg_On_HandSum of Beg_On_Hand
A1234New82800120
B1234Old121800120
C1234New536800120

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Hello,
In my original post, my pivot was using the Full_Comp_Part and Status from the Beginning Inv sheet. I just tried using the Inv Flow by Mo sheet instead and was able to get the individual quantities by item like I wanted. I didn't know it would make a difference which table is used?

Also, when I add Status to the new pivot, every available status is listed for every part, even though the part only has one status. I have seen this behavior before and could never figure out why this happens?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MushtaqAli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back