Cells losing alignment when plugging laptop into projector

billfinn

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning!
I am scratching my head over this one. Every time I plug my laptop into the company projector it fouls up the alignment of the cells in the first column. I set them as left justified, save, then plug in the projector and bring the file up. All the cells in the first column have changed to be right justified. I have saved this thing about 6 times and gotten the same results.
Any thoughts about this one? I would really appreciate any ideas. This one makes me look like an idiot when I go to show the boss something and parts of it are unreadable.
thanks,
Bill

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
the cells change or the display ?

could you push it across 1 column ?

I can understand the screen and projector resolutions being different

Upvote 0
mole999,
As far as I can tell the cells change. I unplug from the projector and bring the laptop back to my desk and all of the cells in that column are right justified. I have done nothing except display the sheet using the projector.
Thanks much,
Bill

Upvote 0
any macros in the file ?

does it happen on any file ?

Upvote 0
does it happen on any file ?

Indeed - I would see if this replicates with another workbook.

If not, then are you sure you're using the same file? After resetting the cells' alignment to left yet again, I would change the interior shading of a cell to yellow or something unique. And then see if, when I'm all done, do I end up with right-aligned cells that also have my yellow shading? If not, then I'm accidentally using two different versions of the file somehow.

Upvote 0
Mole999,
I will try it with another file. I am 99.999% sure it has always been the same file. It's the only one I have used the projector for. Also, the file does have macros.
Thanks again,
Bill

Upvote 0
text defaults to left aligned and right for numbers, if something is clearing the default format, then it will default so I'm sure you have numbers in the errant column. If you have just ordinary numbers but want them as text, place an apostrophe in front to force it

Upvote 0
Mole999,
Agreed. The problem only bothers with cells containing text. Numbers are fine on the right. My issue is that the text gets aligned on the right and some of it becomes unreadable. Waiting for access to conference room to try another file.
Thanks again
Bill.

Upvote 0
what do you have as
Workbook_Open()
and
Worksheet_Activate()

for macros, might be something in there

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back