Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi all. For a workbook I'm building, I'm displaying some information on the status bar, so the user can always see it, no matter what worksheet they happen to be on.

I updated my Excel 2016 (for Windows) the other day for the first time in a long time. (I had Office updates turned off for the longest time due to an iCloud/Outlook issue that has since been fixed.) Now on the status bar, it doesn't show the entirety of the message I want displayed there. The last two characters don't show up, and instead it shows a '...' where the last two characters should be. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of characters that are allowed for messages on the status bar? Or is there a default number that we can change using VBA? I would love for the entire message to be displayed, if possible.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Oh, I did not know it was not allowed to post the same question to a completely different message board. I did not receive an answer to my post here, so I thought it prudent to post the question elsewhere after several days, in the hopes different people would see it and might be able to help. Certainly did not intentionally violate any rules. Sorry for that.

To anyone reading this, I would like to ask if you could please reply to the following question: has anyone ever experienced the issue I am having? If you have, what version of Excel are you running? It would be good to know if it is something specific to my computer, or perhaps something specific to the latest update to Office 365. I have no idea where to even begin to troubleshoot it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back