Array to pull two adjacent cells values based on date

Nade85

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
After much scouring of the threads I have found nothing similar enough to this that I can steal from. I am trying to pull Space and Manifold ID from a chart on a separate sheet based on the date the manifolds were repaired on. The manifolds and space repeat a lot as there are multiple valves attached to manifolds. See below for example.

space1manifold1valve19/9/99
space1manifold1valve29/8/99
space2manifold1valve19/9/99
space2manifold1valve2unknown

<tbody>
</tbody>
I have gotten the array to function for filtering out the "unknown" lines and placing them in their own table. I cannot convert the array formula to handle dates older than (today()-720). Basically I want to create a list of all the manifolds by space that have at least one valve with a service date more than 2 years ago. Below is my formula as it stands right now. Cell D4 has the equation "=today()-720". Any assistance in how to change this formula would be much appreciated.

=INDEX(Inventory_Table, MATCH(0, COUNTIFS($H$3:$H3,Inventory_Table[SPACE], $I$3:$I3,Inventory_Table[MANIFOLD ID / EQUIP NO.])+IFERROR(NOT(SEARCH($D$4, Inventory_Table[REBUILD DATE])=1), 1)+0, 0), COLUMN(A2))

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Figured out a work around.

I set the cell that the array's Search function references ($D$4 in the above equation) to "Yes" and created a new column in the data Inventory_Table that returns either "Yes" or "No" using the following equation:

=IF(OR([@[REBUILD DATE]]<=(TODAY()-720),[@[REBUILD DATE]]="Unknown"),"Yes","No")

The array was then changed to match that and some cell realignment (aesthetics) so there are some minor differences other than just what pulls in the desired data.

=INDEX(Inventory_Table, MATCH(0, COUNTIFS($F$4:$F4,Inventory_Table[SPACE], $G$4:$G4,Inventory_Table[MANIFOLD ID / EQUIP NO.])+IFERROR(NOT(SEARCH($B$29, Inventory_Table[Overdue ?])=1), 1)+0, 0), COLUMN(A2))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back