How to replace conditional formatting

sharpeye

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, Im a first time poster here although I have found a few solutions Ive needed from this site so I thought I'd sign up to see if anyone can help me this issue.

I have a spreadsheet that gets more data added to it daily, it has a lot of nity little feateures but as the size of it grows, the more my laptop slows down when pasting new rows or running sorts etc.

Ive been having a look around a few forums and Ive come to the conclution that all my conditional formatted cells are the root cause of this and I was wondering if theres a quick was to replace the conditioanl formatting with the result of the conditional formatting, for example,

if cell a1 > 2 cell b2 turns green, if a1 < 2 then b2 turns red

so what im looking to do is find all the cells that contain a green as the result of a conditional format and replace it with a plain simple green instead which im hoping will reduce the resources my laptop uses.

I want to continue to use the condtional formatting to get my colours assigned but once the colours are assigned, I just need the cells to stay that colour once it has been assigned as after that it will never need to change.

I hope ive explained everything ok.

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
The code posted in that thread works like a dream, thanks for directing me to that thread

=)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back