planetary positions calculator

bhardwaj_rk

I need a MS Excel calculator to find Planetary positions on any given day (past, present or future) as I am a Astrology enthusiast. Can somebody help.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Logit has given you Plenty of resources for research into developing what you might need/want, it seems you just want something Handed to you, for that, I propose, I want to win the lottery, I want a spreadsheet to give me the Winning numbers, If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded the excel suggested by "ebea"... it is evident a lot of hard work is gone into it.
I have a passion for astrology and trying to build excel based ascendant chart for my understanding and ease.
Can you please suggest as to how can i use this excel sheet to get the exact degrees of any planet on a particular date and time from a particular long. & lat..
Please correct me if I am wrong: "prise" function is to be used to see the current position of each planet.
My confusion:
1. Shall I give the long. & lat. in degree, min, sec as the input to this function ?
2. What will be the output of this function ? It is presently returning some decimal number..how do I interpret it ?
the function I tried using for Mercury is: =(prise(Days2000(2019,12,12,11,28,0,-1),1,DegDecimal(28,38,41),DegDecimal(77,13,0),2))/30 and the output is 9.091233794.
Whereas if I see from an astrology software, Mercury is showing in Scorpio with 10° 6'.
3. Also what about dates prior to 01/01/2000 ?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded the excel suggested by "ebea"... it is evident a lot of hard work is gone into it.
I have a passion for astrology and trying to build excel based ascendant chart for my understanding and ease.
Can you please suggest as to how can i use this excel sheet to get the exact degrees of any planet on a particular date and time from a particular long. & lat..
Please correct me if I am wrong: "prise" function is to be used to see the current position of each planet.
My confusion:
1. Shall I give the long. & lat. in degree, min, sec as the input to this function ?
2. What will be the output of this function ? It is presently returning some decimal number..how do I interpret it ?
the function I tried using for Mercury is: =(prise(Days2000(2019,12,12,11,28,0,-1),1,DegDecimal(28,38,41),DegDecimal(77,13,0),2))/30 and the output is 9.091233794.
Whereas if I see from an astrology software, Mercury is showing in Scorpio with 10° 6'.
3. Also what about dates prior to 01/01/2000 ?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
It's an old thread now. But to your question. In almost all sheets in the Link I gave, all calculations are based on, that you insert your own position (exactly), in Longitude, and Latitude, as it's your position you will see the object which have your interest. After this, depend on in which sheet you are in, you will have different objects to look at, and you will have a lot of calculations, based on your position.
In the sheet "e.g. Planet Visibility" you would could see, among others, Mercury's exactly position at a given time. Set the date also, so the calculation will be correct too.

Upvote 0
It's an old thread now. But to your question. In almost all sheets in the Link I gave, all calculations are based on, that you insert your own position (exactly), in Longitude, and Latitude, as it's your position you will see the object which have your interest. After this, depend on in which sheet you are in, you will have different objects to look at, and you will have a lot of calculations, based on your position.
In the sheet "e.g. Planet Visibility" you would could see, among others, Mercury's exactly position at a given time. Set the date also, so the calculation will be correct too.

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried through "Planet Visibility" sheet and I could gather how each planet's rise time and set time is now calculated.
But as an astrologer, to prepare the natal chart, i would need two things
(i) the exact degrees of each planet and
(ii) the zodiac sign each planet is in
Is it possible to obtain it from the sheet ?

With this information, I will be importing some of the functions from this sheet to my own software module that I intend to write...

Thank you..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back