Capture cell data into other cell

riskier4ra

Board Regular
Hi, Im sure the title is like others, but I couldnt find a solution and couldnt think of another title. :0)

This is my dilemma. I pull a value into a cell everyday by way of formula. I need to start collecting this number in a historical way, so I can identify the change patterns.

Example: I have a formula in Sheet1 at A1. It pulls the value 47. I want the same value to show up in Sheet2 A1, but it never change.

Thoughts on how to accomplish this would be great.

Thanks,
Risk

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi riskier4ra. Not clear to me what you want.
I need to start collecting this number in a historical way, so I can identify the change patterns.
Do you want this historical list on sheet2? If you want to study change patterns I suggest that the list also contains a date/time stamp, correct? Tell me if that is what you have in mind and I can build a macro to do that.

Upvote 0
You could add this sub, then just run it each time you need to add the value to Sheet2.

Code:
Sub AddData()

Dim last_row As Long

last_row = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Sheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & last_row).Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi riskier4ra. Not clear to me what you want.

Do you want this historical list on sheet2? If you want to study change patterns I suggest that the list also contains a date/time stamp, correct? Tell me if that is what you have in mind and I can build a macro to do that.

That sounds like a good idea.

Ill take a look at what you put together for sure. Thanks!

Upvote 0
You could add this sub, then just run it each time you need to add the value to Sheet2.

Code:
Sub AddData()

Dim last_row As Long

last_row = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Sheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & last_row).Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value

End Sub

Can this be incorporated with something like vlookup or index match?

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean, can you use a formula to store the old value and add the new one? Not that i'm aware of.

Im entering in a column a list of text values
a
b
c
d

and in another column I have numerical values being pulled in using a formula.

Id like on "sheet2" to be able to use the formula to find the text value on sheet1 and its associated numerical value in another column and it place that numerical value respectively on "sheet2". If the value changes in sheet1 for that same record, I want it to update it on sheet3. And I think using a date and time stamp as suggested above would be awesome so I could build a sort of a intraday historical record. And most importantly even though the value changes on sheet1 it never changes on sheet2 sheet3 etc..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's too complicated to put every historical value on a new sheet.
Instead create one sheet, let's call it history, and copy the daily values there, one row per day, one column for every text value.
Do you agree?
Next a macro to copy values to corresponding columns. Is the list of text values fixed or variable?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back