Deleting blank rows in excel after spreadsheet

mvictory1

I've been using excel for years and thought I had seen a lot. I've tried every trick I know and all that Google shows too. I can't delete the rows after my 541 rows in my spreadsheet. The file size says it's only about 541 rows and 22 columns, since it has 175K total size but when you open the file it shows 125000 lines (the vertical drag bar shows it to be an extremely big spreadsheet). Any guru ever see this occur before and know how I can remedy this situation? Thanks

Due to confidential info I can't share the spreadsheet. Sorry.

What do comments have to do with providing a sample file? I thought the problem was about a file always thinking there were more rows than you think there should be?

What I was suggesting about deleting the majority of data etc was simply to resolve your problem of thinking that you could not share a sample file because of confidential data.

I'm sorry but I can't do as you're requesting. Obviously there is something that is causing this issue and I can't afford the risk of having data (even if it's hidden or partially deleted) on a public forum. Thank you and I'm sure you understand. I believe it definitely has something to do with how many comments are imbedded into the spreadsheet.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back