Add condition to existing formula

Ozhatch

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this formula in column K: =IF(AND(H6>=1000,J6<=10%),"Yes","No") Now I want to add a further condition.

If the word "None" appears in column E, Column K should return "No". In any other condition in column E, column K should return "Yes".

Please would some kind expert edit the formula for me?

Thanks very much.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
That doesn't make sense. If 'None' in column E returns 'No' and anything else returns 'Yes' then the current formula is redundant. What is it you mean?

Upvote 0
Thanks, Steve.

Column K already has several conditions for returning 'Yes' or 'No'. Now, if the word "None" appears in column E, and the other conditions in column K are taken into account, then Column K should return "No". In any other condition in column E, and the other conditions in column K are taken into account, column K should return "Yes".

I hope that clears it up.

I can post a sample sheet to box.com if that would help.

Upvote 0
Is this what you mean
=IF(AND(H6>=1000,J6<=10%,E6<>"None"),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0
That's great, Fluff! Thanks so much.

There is a wrinkle, though, which can best be explained if the sheet could be made available, as there are other cells which affect the outcome. For instance, if a particular cell is empty, or shows '0', the result in column K is incorrect.

The file is at https://app.box.com/s/f7e9xvs72tykob972ibtnjp536r0329s If that's unacceptable, please let me know.

Upvote 0
There is nothing on that sheet with "None"
Also can you please show a manual mock of what you want for each scenario

Upvote 0
There is nothing on that sheet with "None"
Also can you please show a manual mock of what you want for each scenario

I've uploaded a screen shot (PNG) to my Box account. https://app.box.com/s/1oyrrcuj5eznstivejyee2jbf4nxc2er

I don't know what you mean by a manual mock, so I've compiled a list of functions in each cell:

Columns B, C, D, F and H: Values are entered by the user.
Column E Drop-down: List is • Cash to driver; • None; • On invoice; • Store pick up
Column I =IFERROR(F6+G6,"")
Column J =IFERROR(G5/I5,"")
Column K =IF(AND(H5>=1000,J5<=10%),"Yes","No")ª
Column L =IF(K5="YES",H5*4%,"")

ª This is the cell in question. If column G =0, or is blank, this cell should show “Yes”, unless Column E shows “None”, in which case it should show “No”.

Upvote 0
Correction! In each of the formulae above, the row # is 6, not 5.

Column J =IFERROR(G6/I6,"")
Column K =IF(AND(H6>=1000,J6<=10%),"Yes","No")
Column L =IF(K6="YES",H6*4%,"")

Upvote 0
Originally you wanted to add one more criteria to the formula, now you have added another (namely col G being blank).
Also when you say
This is the cell in question. If column G =0, or is blank, this cell should show “Yes”, unless Column E shows “None”, in which case it should show “No”.
Do you mean that the result of cols H & J are now irrelevant?

Upvote 0
Column H is user-entry, and column J is automatically calculated.
Bonuses are payable in any of the cases in Column E, except in the case of "None".
Column G is user-entry. In the case where no discount has been given, (cell is empty, or user has entered 0) column K should show "Yes" unless column E shows "None", in which case column K should show "No".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back