filtering field by name in date order - VBA code

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all good afternoon, i have a query and no idea how to do it, should It be done via vba code or formula? I have a userform and a sheet1, and sheet 1 has columns A - K with data in, column A has a name for example joe blogs and Joe could be on numberous lines as this info will be his work for the week, what I want it to do is to find the name listed in column L, and copy all Joes fields from A - K into column M - W. and in date order is this possible>

Or is there any way t filter his name and in date order in colums a-K, could this be done with another button in the userform?

Really hope you can help me with this

EDIT:
My preferred method if possible would be able to auto filter columns a - k with the name if possible? instead of all the copying over to m-w.
The name will still be populated into column L1, as this has been copied over from my dropdown list in the userform

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
One way could be to record macro while you are doing what you explained above and then linked that macro to a button or something. But other than that you can do it with autofilter adn copy visible cells to the location you define. Two quetions: 1-where is the relation of the names and dates? 2 -What is the userforms purpose?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the reply. The names are in column a and dates are in column b. The useform purpose is to send an email to the selected name with a copy of their work from the sheet1 which is called 'work issue' hope this helps and that you can help me please :)

Upvote 0
hi just a little update thanks for your reply as well :), in column A is the work ref number - in column B is the Name - in column C is the job type in column D is the Date in column E is the time - in column F is notes in column G is customer in column h is address in column I is post code. The useform purpose is to send an email to the selected name with a copy of their work from the sheet1 which is called 'work issue' hope this helps and that you can help me please. the macro sounds great idea if you can help me please?

Upvote 0
Hi if you need any more information please let me know, i really hope you can help me please?

Upvote 0
Hi god morning all,I have explained it a bit easier below i hope in regards what I am trying to do if you can help me please, I would appreciate it very much.

I have a userform and a sheet called 'WorkIssue', and 'WorkIsseu' has columns A - K with data in, column B has a name for example joe blogs and Joe could be on numerous lines as this info will be his work for the week.
in column A is the work ref number - in column B is the Name - in column C is the job type in column D is the Date in column E is the time - in column F is notes in column G is customer in column h is address in column I is post code. The useform purpose is to send an email to the selected name with a copy of their work from the 'work issue'.
The name s populated into column L1 in the Work Issue', as this has been copied over from my dropdown list in the userform
hope this helps and that you can help me please. the macro sounds great idea if you can help me please?

Upvote 0
Hi Good morning, just wondering if you have any ideas on the above query please? I really hope you can help me with this, I am still learning VBA, and I liked the idea what was mentioned above about doing a macro linked with a button, but I don't know how to do this, hope you can help, many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back