search for email Adddress and match to name in a list

JJbrew

Good afternoon
Here is what I would like to to do I have a 6000 name list and I need to insert a new column with the email address of the person that is to the left not all of the people have email address.

I have one work book with 4 work sheets three are where I need to add the emails to, the other one are email address

work sheet one B2 first Name C2 Last name D2 First and last Name E2 has first Letter of name with a. last name

emails are first letter.last Name @

Emails on the last work sheet I need to bring them to the First ,second and third worksheets for their corresponding name.

=INDEX(Email!B:B,MATCH(1,(SGI!B2:B5096)*(SGI!C2:C5096),0))

I tried this but it does not work GuRRRRRRR

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I think I may need to give more information on this

I have a work book that has 4 work sheets the last sheet has all of the email address for the company I placed it there what I need to do is now add the email address to the employees that have a email address to the correct work sheet there is approximately 6000 employees but only 700 have email address so what I want to do is check the names on each worksheet against the email list and have the email for that person placed in a cell next to each name on the sheets sounds easy but I just can not get it done.

So workers names are in column A1to A 4000 on sheet one I want to check the names to sheet 4 see if there is a match and have those matches placed on sheet 1 in the column right of A1 in the correct cell for the worker the names and emails are sorted by first letter in their names

Thanks in advance on this

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back