Copy Text Box and Pull downs to cells

FisherKat

Looking for way to capture data on a form I created in excel, to write the user input data to hidden page column so I can concatenate them to populate the subject line on email that user will create when form is filled out. Data is captured through a combination of Text Boxes and pull downs.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I apologize your question is not very clear but it sounds like you are trying to determine how to send data from a TextBox and by pull downs I think you are referring to a ComboBox to an excel sheet.

You will also want to have a Submit or Save button on this Form, within this button you would add the code. Thus when the button is pressed it will send the data currently in the form to the specified location, the button being the trigger.

I am not sure what you named each item but for my example I am using the default names for a TextBox, ComboBox and a Button. (TextBox1, ComboBox1, CommandButton1)

I am having it insert the data from the Textbox and ComboBox into Sheet2 which would be the hidden sheet.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

'Find last used row
myRange = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

'Insert the new data on the new row in columns A and B
'TextBox
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & myRange + 1).Value = TextBox1.Text
'ComboBox
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & myRange + 1).Value = ComboBox1.Text

End Sub

Another option would be to concatenate the values within the code instead of inserting them into a sheet to concatenate them and then pick up the value in the email just concatenate it in the code.

For example:
Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

'Find last used row
myRange = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

'Insert the new data on the new row in columns A and B
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & myRange + 1).Value = TextBox1.Text & " " & ComboBox1.Text

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I appreciate the response Coding4Fun, but I've created a form within excel that people will be using to submit action items to my department. I could send you the sheet since we can no longer provide attachments or images.

Thank you for

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back