Filter Macro Error

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi please hope you can help, I have the code below where I have a command button which I have renamed to FilterData, then I have created a macro and assigned it to the FilterData button, but it doesn't work, the 2 lines below gets highlighted in yellow, I have also attached the whole code at bottom, I have a work issue sheet with all the data then I want this filtered into the sheet called filter but its not working, I hope you can help, I also have a combobox1 where the name gets copied into cell C% in filter, then this is copied into work issued cell M2 with a formula =Filter!C5, I hope I have explained this ok and hope you can help.
Code:
    Sheets("Work Issue").Range("Table1[#All]").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:= _
        Sheets("Work Issue").Range("M1:N2"), CopyToRange:=Sheets("Filter").Range("B10"), Unique:=True

Code:
Sub FilterData()
    Sheets("Filter").Select
    Range("B10").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
    Selection.Clear

Sheets("Work Issue").Range("Table1[#All]").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:= _
        Sheets("Work Issue").Range("M1:N2"), CopyToRange:=Sheets("Filter").Range("B10"), Unique:=True
    Columns.AutoFit
    Range("B10").Select
End Sub

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I have tested your VBA - it works
- table inserted on sheet "Work Issue"
- advanced filter criteria entered in cells M1:N2
- filtered data was correctly copied to sheet "Filter" beginning at cell B10

Do you get a message when the code fails?

eg Application-defined or object-defined error would tell you that Table1 does not exist - is Table1 the correct name for the table?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I t understand why I am getting the error then, I have tried to assign a macro to a command button in the userform is this correct or do I put the code into the command button?

Upvote 0
What are you trying to achieve?

If you trying to make values selected from combobox on the userform change the value in M2 and/or N2 (and the userform is correctly changing those values) then try this code behind command button on the userform
(amend to match your command button name)

Code:
Private Sub [COLOR=#ff0000]CommandButton1[/COLOR]_Click()
    Unload Me
    Call FilterData
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi sorry I am really stuck on this, what i am trying to do is once a name is selected in combobox1 in the userform, this will copy the name selected into cell C5 in the 'Filter' sheet, and when I click my command button which is called 'FilterData' this will filter out the name in the 'work issue sheet' and put the data into the 'filter' sheet

Upvote 0
The userform command button (named FilterData) should do the following
1. update C5 (which drives M2 on other sheet with formula =Filter!C5)
2. unload the form
3. filter the data

Userform code
Code:
Private Sub [I]FilterData[/I]_Click()
    Sheets("Filter").Range("C5") = ComboBox1.Value
    Unload Me
 'your previous code   
    Sheets("Filter").Select
    Range("B10").Select
    Selection.Clear

Sheets("Work Issue").Range("[COLOR=#ff0000]Table1[/COLOR][#All]").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:= _
    Columns.AutoFit
    Range("B10").Select
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi do I copy all of the code into it? or just the code above my previous code?

Upvote 0
Hi sorry just tried this code unfortunately this didn't work either. sorry to be a pain

Upvote 0
I think you are confusing me :confused:
Have you named the command button FilterData or changed its caption to FilterData?
- they are NOT the same thing
I think you meant to say that you have changed the caption

Right click on the command button that you created on your userform \ click on View Code \ paste the code below into the procedure that is generated automatically

Code:
    Sheets("Filter").Range("C5") = ComboBox1.Value
    Unload Me
 'your previous code   
    Sheets("Filter").Select
    Range("B10").Select
    Selection.Clear

Columns.AutoFit
    Range("B10").Select

I will not be back online for about 6 hours now

Upvote 0
HI I have renamed the command button to FilterData :) but i am still getting the below code coming up in yellow
Code:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back