Macro to duplicate pivot table inputs?

Tarver

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I'm trying to get multiple pivot tables to pull data for the same filter, but can't seem to get a macro to do that. In one table I've got data filtered by a product that shows specifications, cost, etc. In another, I've got manufacturer data. The two sources of data are different.

Is there a way to get pivot table two to replicate the filter from pivot table one when pivot table one's filter changes?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Use Slicers to connect the Pivot Tables. You can move the slicers to a separate sheet in the workbook and even hide that sheet.

Upvote 0
That's a GREAT answer, thanks! That solves most of my problem!

However, my second pivot table is a different data source, and when I select my slicer and try to add second pivot it doesn't show that one as available. The slicer shows ONLY the pivot tables that have the same data source as the original that I created the slicer from. I have the same field names, and so want to select a particular"Product" (for instance) and have that replicate on all pivots, regardless of their source.

Upvote 0
It might be possible to connect the two through the data model, and to keep that list synced between the two sources you would want to use Get-and-Transform to bring the data into the Data Model. You then use the new field in the PivotTables.

Pivot Tables based on a plain table or range and those built from the data model have different pros/cons. Data Model encompasses more capabilities, but gives up some ease of use.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back