Carry Over Data from Previous Row

francoiscj1

I have an inventory spreadsheet where the supply item name is in Column D, Receipt Quantity in Column E, Issuance Quantity in Column F, Return Quantity in Column G, and Balance Quantity in Column N.

What I would like to do is when I enter a supply item name in Column D and its balances, that the balances I input for that particular supply item (ABC) would carry over. I want to calculate the total quantities to date by adding the total quantities of the current supply item row (ABC) to the total quantities on the previous row (ABC). How can I make it reference the previous product row (ABC) and calculate automatically?

Thank you for the help.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Rule # 13 :
We prefer that members do not cross-post questions to other forums, but when this does occur members should do the following:
- Post the details of your question on our forum. Do NOT simply post a link/re-direct to the question in another forum with no details posted here.
- Make it clear that you have cross-posted and provide links to the cross-posts.
Cross-posted questions that do not comply may be deleted or locked. For a discussion on the issues with cross-posting, see this link: A message to forum cross posters

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back