Vlookup searching date as value in separate file.

isafloor

Office Version
  1. 2007
Hello, I have two separate files. In one I have many sheets (one for each production lot) in which weekly evaluations are registered (I grade them from 1-5), for example:

File: Weekly Evaluations
Sheet: Lot 1

(Column A).................(Column B)........................(Column C)
Date......................... Condition........................... Productivity
02-nov-18..................... 1............................................ 4

I want to make a different excel file that will retrieve the last production evaluation that was registered. That way I have one synoptic view of all different production lots with their most recent evaluation, instead of having to look at each lot sheet individually in the Weekly Evaluations file.

File: Lot Overview

(Column A)
Date
=MAX('[Weekly Evaluations.xlsx]Lot 01'!$A:$A) (this is for retrieving the last registered evaluation in Lot 1)

(Column B)
Condition
=LOOKUPV(Table1[[#This row],[Date]],'Weekly Evaluations.xlsx'!Table1[#Data],2,FALSE)

The problem I am having is that even though I can get the last date that was registered in the Date column for the Lot Overview file, I cannot retrieve the input evaluation for "Condition" from the Weekly Evaluations file, and only get a "#N/A". I tried changing the date format in both files but it doesn't work.

(By the way I am translating the Excel formula names, so if something seems odd regarding this respect this is why).

I will appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hello, I have two separate files. In one I have many sheets (one for each production lot) in which weekly evaluations are registered (I grade them from 1-5), for example:

File: Weekly Evaluations
Sheet: Lot 1

(Column A).................(Column B)........................(Column C)
Date......................... Condition........................... Productivity
02-nov-18..................... 1............................................ 4

I want to make a different excel file that will retrieve the last production evaluation that was registered. That way I have one synoptic view of all different production lots with their most recent evaluation, instead of having to look at each lot sheet individually in the Weekly Evaluations file.

File: Lot Overview

(Column A)
Date
=MAX('[Weekly Evaluations.xlsx]Lot 01'!$A:$A) (this is for retrieving the last registered evaluation in Lot 1)

(Column B)
Condition
=LOOKUPV(Table1[[#This row],[Date]],'Weekly Evaluations.xlsx'!Table1[#Data],2,FALSE)

The problem I am having is that even though I can get the last date that was registered in the Date column for the Lot Overview file, I cannot retrieve the input evaluation for "Condition" from the Weekly Evaluations file, and only get a "#N/A". I tried changing the date format in both files but it doesn't work.

(By the way I am translating the Excel formula names, so if something seems odd regarding this respect this is why).

I will appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Try this!

In Column B use

=INDEX('Table of Content'!B:B,COUNTA('Table of Content'!B:B),1)

In Clolumn A use

=INDEX('Table of Content'!A:A,COUNTA('Table of Content'!A:A),1)

Upvote 0
Hello, thank you for the suggestion but I am having problems implementing the formula as I could not understand what I was doing even after reading the help information in Excel. Translating into Spanish also makes it a little more challenging.

Here is an example of the file, I would want to have in "Recent overview" the results of the most recent evaluation for each lot.

RECENT OVERVIEW sheet

LotProductDateSizeQtyQltyAlarmNotesReviewed
01PencilsMarch 18 2019
02ChairsMarch 18 2019
03TablesMarch 18 2019

<tbody>
</tbody>

Date is a "Max" value formula, i. e. the mos recent review date.

The columns from Size to Reviewer should show the latest information from the last review date in each lot's sheet.

LOT 01 sheet
YearWeekDateSizeQtyQltyAlarmNotesReviewed
201910March 18 2019443noJohn
201911March 18 2019454noKate
201912March 18 2019354yesPoor qualityPaul

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sorry about taking so much time but I got terribly swamped at work!

Cheers,
Isafloor

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back