Customer Copy/ Paste in VBA

Panik

Hi,

On a Worksheet_Activate event I am looking for a way to copy all items found in a range $C$4:$I$100 (I'll name the range "Parts") to a different worksheet "Part Text", ignoring blanks and duplicates. I would like all items found in the range copied (ignoring blanks and duplicates that may exist in the copied text), but only paste to the "Part Text" worksheet if they do not already exist in the "Part Text" worksheet. I would like them pasted in Column "A" of the "Part Text" worksheet even though they are being copied from multiple columns and rows in the "Parts" range. I would like this to automatically happen when the "Part Text" worksheet is selected (Worksheet_Activate).

The idea being that when a new part is added to the "Parts" range. If it does not already exist in the "Part Text" worksheet, it will be added to the end of the list in Column "A".

Is this possible? I appreciate the help.

Jim

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Why not try this:

When you enter a new part on sheets named Master
The range A to I of that row is copied to first empty row on sheets named
Part Text

This would assume a part number would be in column A of both sheets that we could search for in column A of sheet named Part Text

If the part number is not found then the Range A to I would be copied to sheet Parts Text.

Upvote 0
I worked out the below, it is working, but not sure if a better way exists. Just thought I would post it for others if it would come up.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim copySheet As Worksheet
    Dim pasteSheet As Worksheet

Set copySheet = Worksheets("PumpInfo")
    Set pasteSheet = Worksheets("PartText")

copySheet.Range("OH_ALL").Copy
    pasteSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

copySheet.Range("bb_1or3").Copy
    pasteSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

copySheet.Range("bb_2").Copy

copySheet.Range("bb_4").Copy

copySheet.Range("bb_5").Copy

copySheet.Range("VS_ALL").Copy

copySheet.Range("OTHER").Copy
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Worksheets("PartText").Range("A:A").Select
    ActiveSheet.Range("$A:$A").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=1, Header:=xlNo

Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
The problem I see with using named ranges is what happens when you want to expand the range.
I guess you did not like my earlier ideal.

And I see nothing in your script that does this:

I would like all items found in the range copied (ignoring blanks and duplicates that may exist in the copied text), but only paste to the "Part Text" worksheet if they do not already exist in the "Part Text" worksheet.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I handled it a little differently. But I think I am getting to the same goal. The way I sliced it was to copy everything from the ranges and paste it at the bottom of the existing list in the "PartText" column. Then, the last line of code is to "RemoveDuplicates". Since everything that was already in the column would be duplicated below it, removing all these duplicates only leaves the new items on the bottom.

As for the ranges, I created dynamic ranges that grow as I add items. So they are basically unlimited in length from what I can tell.

Upvote 0
Glad you came up with your way. So I assume you need no help.
Your original question was:
I worked out the below, it is working, but not sure if a better way exists.
But sounds like your now happy with your way. Take care

Yeah, I handled it a little differently. But I think I am getting to the same goal. The way I sliced it was to copy everything from the ranges and paste it at the bottom of the existing list in the "PartText" column. Then, the last line of code is to "RemoveDuplicates". Since everything that was already in the column would be duplicated below it, removing all these duplicates only leaves the new items on the bottom.

As for the ranges, I created dynamic ranges that grow as I add items. So they are basically unlimited in length from what I can tell.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not sure I am happy. I'm not sure what problems may present, but if they do, If I can't figure it out, I know I have some help! Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back