Sheet navigation macro

John_Whin

Board Regular
Platform
  1. Windows
Hockey spreadsheet, in column A I've got the game number and enter scoring info beginning column B. What I want to do is set up macro that navigates to first open cell and the takes the number in the last non empty cell, adds 1 then moves cursor right to a specific column.

So on this sheet I've assigned a macro to A1. I want it to move cursor down column A to the last non empty cell (A83) take that value and add one to it and put that result in A84 then move cursor to B84 for input. I'll copy/paste data into the next row(s). The next game I want it to do same thing.

Thanks
gf.jpg

The syntax in post #7 should return the range object that is the first blank cell in column I.
If you want the cursor to go to that cell, then .Select the cell.

Note that "blank" can have different, frustrating meanings. A cell that hold a formula which returns the value of "" is not considered blank by Excel.

With your background, VBA is trivial (remember old BASIC ? :) ) but those languages you listed are not object oriented languages, Excel VBA is object oriented.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Yeah, I'm looking at a learn VBA course from 2012 online and know I'm close, just have to get back in that mental mode. Figure I've got a simple mental block (sand grain) to overcome then I'll be good. As you notice all my program languages are pre windows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back