Peterkroon

Hi I have a spread sheet with over 300 names each name has a score (number) I also have a table with 4 levels each level has a number range eg: 14-45. What I am trying to do is pull the names of which level I select eg: level 2 is a range of 6- 12 so I should be able to see all names with a score between 6-12. But I can’t seem to work it out for the life of me. Any help would be much appreciated

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
How are you trying to "select" the range? From the validation drop down list in a particular cell?

And how are trying to "pull" the names? Or rather should I ask how are you trying to get the results displayed once a range is "selected"? A static tabular form? Or a dynamic column display which only displays the relevant names removing the names from earlier "selections"?

Upvote 0
That’s the thing I haven’t been able to set it up correct yet I was going to use a drop down but I’m thinking that won’t work if I have 2 numbers in there cause I’m thinking excel will read it as one number

Upvote 0
I was thinking of using filters but once my boss takes this project over he won’t have a clue what he is doing so was hoping to make it a little user friendly

Upvote 0
You can use the MACRO RECORDER to create the various macros you are seeking.

First, click on RECORD MACRO.
Then go through the motions of creating the FILTER and selecting the first level, then end the macro.
You can attach a command button to this macro, paste a commandbutton on the main sheet.
When you click the button, that macro will run and filter the columns as required.

Repeat the process for each FILTERED level, creating a different button on the main sheet to run it.

Name each button for the different levels.

You can create one last macro, that will clear all the filters and return the sheet to its original state.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back