Conditional Formatting

J2Reed

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Been messing around with codes and just can't figure this out.
ABCD
1Player 1112233
2Player 2445566
3Player 3778899

<tbody>
</tbody>

If Player 1 is not blank; and Player 2 and 3 is blank. I need 11 to be formatted.

If Player 1, and 2 is not blank; and player 3 is blank. I need 11 to not be formatted, but I need 22 and 55 to be formatted.

If Player 1, 2, and 3 is not blank, I need 11, 22 and 55 to not be formatted, but I need 33, 66 and 99 to be formatted.

I have a longer list of players, I just made a smaller table. Been messing around for a awhile, can't figure it out. I am assuming I need and codes or multiple conditions.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Re: Conditonal Formatting

Welcome to the Board!

Why do you mean by "is blank"? Where are we looking to determine if there is a value or not?

I have a longer list of players, I just made a smaller table. Been messing around for a awhile, can't figure it out. I am assuming I need and codes or multiple conditions.
So, what exactly is the overriding "rule/pattern" for determining which values to be formatted?

Upvote 0

If I delete player 2 and player 3 and leave them as blanks. I want only B1 to be formatted to a different color. If I delete Player 3 and leave it blank. I want C1 and C2 to be formatted to a different color. When I type in formulas, B1 is still formatted. But Ive only used the formulas Not(Isblank and Isblank codes, Im still learning.
Im using -> use a formula to determine which cells to format

Upvote 0

I would select B1 --> condition format --> use a formula to determine which cells to format -> =ISBLANK(B2).

It will work, but when I start applying the formula to C1 and C2, with ISBLANK(B3). B1, C1 and C2 will be formatted if I leave A2 and A3 blank. Is there a formula that will format the cell if there is a range of missing players. example. cell will format ONLY if A2-A7 Is blank, if anything is in those cells, it will automatically un format

Upvote 0

Ill send pictures, I sound really confusing

Upvote 0

I am still really confused.
Can you explain it, in relation to the images that you have posted?
What should be formatted in those images and why?

Upvote 0

In picture 1, the top chart shows there are 2 players on my team listed under Names. The values under the column 2/4 Team will be formatted green text. The chart below that shows there are 3 players on my team. The values under the column 3/4 Team will be formatted green text.

In picture 2, Both columns 2/4 Team and 3/4 Team are formatted when I only have 2 players on my team. I'm wondering what formula I would use to to format 2/4 Team, 3/4 Team, 4/4 Team and 5/5 Team to green text without having all of them turning green depending on the number of players I list under the names column

Upvote 0

I figured it out haha. Thanks anyways.

Upvote 0

I figured it out haha. Thanks anyways.
Did you, or did you get the answer here? https://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1252736-conditional-formatting.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back