Smart Dropdown Functionality

Bkisley

Board Regular
Is there any way I can do the following with a drop down list? If not please help me find a way around this!

To start off I have a tab with different scenarios - let's say 3 - with an on/off filter for each. So Under each scenario I have a unique drop down list with options "on" and "off"
If "on" then I want to use this scenario and anything related to this scenario in my analysis
If "off" then I don't want to use this scenario or anything related to this scenario in my analysis

The three scenarios create my list for the drop down I am having issues with.

On a different tab is where I have my expenses. In order for my expenses to flow properly I have included drop downs under a column called "scenarios" pulling from the tab mentioned above
Here I can specifically allocate expenses to a scenario. The purpose of this is if I want to turn off a scenario, those specific expenses go away with it.

The issue I am running into is if I turn on a scenario 3 and then add expenses to it and then later decide to turn scenario 3 off - my drop down on the expense tab still shows scenario 3 is selected and that means my costs will still be there. When I click on the dropdown, scenario 3 isn't an option anymore - which is good and shows that it is working properly, however if I turn off the scenario I need that dropdown box to show nothing.

Very important - If I turn off scenario 3 and then turn it back on, I need that drop box to "know" that it was previously selected as scenario 3

is this possible?!!?

PLEASE HELP!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I solved it!! I did a work around, but it worked. Can't figure out how to delete this so I apologize

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back