Database for checking students into and out of the dorms with a scanner

mdwilson89

Hello all, I am working on building an excel file that canbe used by our administrators to check students in and out of their dorms tolocal venues. I am using Excel 2013 for this doc. I have the skeleton built andI’m working with three worksheets. The first is the “Logging Procedures” sheet (NameSubject to Change), my goal is to either use the cells in place with formcontrol buttons or use a userform, my knowledge in VBA is severely limited.This page will have a place for the admin to scan two ID’s, which are PDF417codes,(the students can check out by themselves if staying on campus or theyneed a buddy to go off campus) and then the admin can click a button based offof their intended location. Clicking the destination button will add the twostudents names, which needs to be sourced from the PDF417 coding provided bythe scanner (i.e. the scanner will show as follows “N4NIO39S19U4131Rick Johnson B2ETAM00HTEMR76BB51BBDD5D”15 characters to first name, 45 characters to the end of last name and 13characters in between the two), on the same row (B2,D2), their destination in(F2), and add a time stamp to (G2). This information will be put on the secondworksheet labeled “Student Log Book”. On the other side of that coin, when thestudents return I’d like to have a button for checking the students back inregardless of destination. The third worksheet will be a total roster of allstudents in the dorm and will be utilized for formulas and the Admins to verifythe student status.
All in all, what I need the help with is my limitedknowledge of VBA and “Macro’ing”. I will attached photos as soon as available. Iam looking for a macro coding for a button to record the information on thesecond worksheet, I can adjust per destination, and a macro to “check in” thestudent regardless of destination. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back