Chris Waller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning,

Acolleague has sent me an Excel Spreadsheet which was in compatibility mode.This has converted it to Excel 2013. The problem is that 8 rows at the top ofthe spreadsheet which were not previously viewable are now fully on display andwhatever I try to do to hide these rows it doesn’t appear to work. There arequite a few macros in the Spreadsheet which filters the data and these rowscontain the filters, can anyone advise what I can do to hide these rows so thatthe Spreadsheet resembles the original? TIA

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Try

Code:
Sheets("SheetName")[COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"A1:A8"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]EntireRow[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Hidden [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]= [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=inherit][COLOR=#7d2727]True
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or perhaps

Code:
Sheets("SheetName").Range("A1:A8").RowHeight = 0

Upvote 0
Hi Yongle,

I have inserted a new module and inserted both lines you suggested and neither appear to work. Could you give any more details? TIA

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub HideRows
   Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A8").EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

Try the above code in a NEW workBOOK so that you can see that it works

If the "problem" worksheet is protected - that could be preventing you from altering row visibility

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did copy your code to a new workbook and it did work. I will have to try to find out what password was used, unfortunately the person who developed the spreadsheet has left the department.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back