Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White is the new Yellow

Hi all,

Posted here on thread https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ing-again.html and got to the bottom of that problem. Solved it by using the Round() function.

Now my sheet and not even the affected rows does not show values > than a cell value as yellow.?

When I go to CF I find that the yellow icon is now just white.

Have tried a repair and reboot, but just the same.?

Not a big deal, i can choose another colour, but would love to know what has gone wrong.?
    Even the icon on the ribbon for yellow is now white?

Office 2007
    Access novice. Sometimes trying to give something back

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: White is the new Yellow

I would be interested in knowing that also, since the color palette dialog box is part of the Excel Application, the 56 icons should be fixed for the standard colors in the palette and not accessable by the user for change. That is why there is the 'More Colors' button for the user to create custom colors.
    Using Windows 10, Excel 2013.
    Any code provided by me should be tested on a copy or a mock-up of your file before applying it to your original file. Some actions generated by VBA code cannot be reversed with the undo facility in Excel. To open the VB editor, press Alt + F11. To run code from the Excel window, press Alt + F8. Please do not attempt to learn everything about VBA in one thread, especially from me. See this link for attaching images: Attachments

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am pleased (and relieved) to say it fixed itself.
    I shut down the computer last night and as I normally do, put it down and went to bed.
    However it did not shut down, complaining about saving Excel files, so when I went to switch it on this morning, it was still at that position, so I cancelled the shutdown.
    It complained about AutoRecover not be available for this session, but when I opened Excel my Personal.xlsb and the xlsm file were in the Recover list.?

So I selected the xlsm and low and behold the yellow colour is back for the cells, the colour icon in both the colour pallete an the icon on the toolbar.
    Office 2007

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by welshgasman View Post
    Well I am pleased (and relieved) to say it fixed itself.
    I shut down the computer last night and as I normally do, put it down and went to bed.
    However it did not shut down, complaining about saving Excel files, so when I went to switch it on this morning, it was still at that position, so I cancelled the shutdown.
    It complained about AutoRecover not be available for this session, but when I opened Excel my Personal.xlsb and the xlsm file were in the Recover list.?

So I selected the xlsm and low and behold the yellow colour is back for the cells, the colour icon in both the colour pallete an the icon on the toolbar.
    Anomallies happen!
    Regards, JLG
    Using Windows 10, Excel 2013.
    Any code provided by me should be tested on a copy or a mock-up of your file before applying it to your original file. Some actions generated by VBA code cannot be reversed with the undo facility in Excel. To open the VB editor, press Alt + F11. To run code from the Excel window, press Alt + F8. Please do not attempt to learn everything about VBA in one thread, especially from me. See this link for attaching images: Attachments

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally found the reason.

I have an app on my PC called f.lux. It softens the colours for night time viewing.
    When this is in effect, the yellow conditional formatting becomes white.

When I started the PC the following day, it was of course daylight, so f.lux was not running.
    Office 2007

Some videos you may like

User Tag List