Summing data by matching dates that fall between 2 others

ShaunCrom

Hi
I have a problem. I have 2 sets of data. The first set contains movie times This is calculated by subtracting the current time from the previous rows time.
The second set of data are instances that are described as waiting time. an instance of waiting time should fall between a move time period. I need to figure out how to get the appropriate amount of waiting time(i.e. the sum of waiting time that falls between the current and previous move time) in the waiting time column on the move time sheet
I have tried a few things like Dsum,sumifs and vlookups but can't seem to get the right combination
Any help is greatly appreciated

Not quite sure if I can add the file on here as an example

regards

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
you cannot attach a file directly here , there are add-in tools https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/628649-recommended-add-ins-links.html that allow you to copy into the forum
OR you could use onedrive or dropbox and share - BUT that often does not help people of the file is later deleted

I'm not sure i understand how your data is structered , hence why you may be having an issue , "Summing data by matching dates that fall between 2 others" SUMIFS() should work if you have 2 dates and something to SUM

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back