Sumifs Distinct Date

Nikijune

Board Regular
Hello all :)

I have a database in excel containing total hours worked by date.

On the odd occasion the user will enter there hours worked more than once, if they submit their user form multiple times through out the day.

I am trying to build a report that summarises the total number of hours worked for that agent and for that month, but I only want to sum the hours for each day once, ignoring the multiple entries.

I have the basis of what I want below, but I cant seem to find anything to help me sum the below if the date appears more than once.

=SUMIFS("Sum Hours worked", "Name field", "Agents Name", "Date Field", "Date"

Can anyone help please?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
You can do a sumifs/countifs to do individual dates then sum them up to get a full month eg:

=SUMIFS(A2:A6,B2:B6,B2,C2:C6,C2)/COUNTIFS(B2:B6,B2,C2:C6,C2)

I cant think of a way to get a whole month from data held in individual dates in one formula though i dont doubt it could be done.

Upvote 0
Thanks Steve the Fish :)

I will need to sum the hours for each day of the month so I'm not sure that would work...I mean it would work, but I'd have to count if for each individual date.

I came across something that said that was a SUMPRODUCT(FREQUENCY) which counted the number of times a unique value appeared but I couldn't get it to work for dates :(

Upvote 0
Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF($B$2:$B$6=E2,MATCH($C$2:$C$6,$C$2:$C$6,0)),ROW($C$2:$C$6)-ROW(INDEX($C$2:$C$6,1,1))+1),$A$2:$A$6))

where B = agent names, C = dates, A = hours worked, and E2 houses an agent name of interest.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back