Deleting repeating lines but keeping the original

muhammadc21

Hello,

I have a report in excel that contains 5 columns consisting of supplier name, part number, part description, quantity and spend. Each part number has a specific quantity and spend associated with it. I would like to come up with a formula that looks at the part number column and identifies repeating part numbers, and then adds the respective quantities and spend for that number.

For example, if part number C61605 repeats over a range of 30 lines, then add the quantities and spend for those parts. I would post a picture but the thread doesn't let me so I will make a demonstration below:

Column A(supplier name) Column B(part #) Column C(part description) Column D(quantity) Column E(spend) Column F(where the formula would go)
midwest C61605 pin 20 325
midwest C61605 pin 30 250
midwest C61605 pin 10 100

Please let me know if this helps or if you need more information from me to answer it.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
pivot table would not work as there are over 4000 lines of data that I need to condense over a number of different suppliers. I have done this before, I just forgot what the format of the formula was and which formula to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back