Data Matching from Sage

Kaltb

Hi everyone!

New to the forum so apologies if this has been covered. I am seeking help on how to match data from a report exported from sage and converted to csv to match another excel spreadsheet.

So I have an excel master spreadsheet with names of customers with their monthly sales figures. Every month I have to update that spreadsheet with the current months figures from sage. So I export the csv file from sage which would contain the same customers or any new customers we have gained.

I basically sit there manually copy and pasting the data. I want a magic formula that can match the figures to the customer name from my sage spreadsheet to the main master spreadsheet. Baring in mind there are negative figures in the debit column which needs to match the customer name in the master spreadsheet with a negative figure.

Any idea how or what formula to use?

Many thanks, Kal

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
It sounds like you may have a couple candidates.
If you have a one-to-one matching to then pull values, you could use VLOOKUP or the combination of INDEX and MATCH
If you have a one-to-many, SUMIFS.

If the export from Sage includes everything you need for your report, you can open the CSV with Excel or import the data into Excel. Then you can perform a summary with PivotTable.

ExcelIsFun with examples from Mike Girvin is one of the best places to go in-depth general instruction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back