Copy Book and update Dates

McEwan

I have a large spreadsheet with 12 sheets reflecting the twelve months of 2018 (each sheet a month).

This Book was authored by a former employee. The cells that reference dates (12/1/2018) have a cell below them that shows the DOW (Saturday).

What I need to do is copy the entire Book and reset it for 2019. This of course would mean updating the dates and DOW text below them. The DOW issues is not a major one as I can always change those manually, however, I am hoping to avoid having to do the same with the dates.

Is it possible to copy a Book (2018) with 12 sheets and have it formatted for 2019 with new dates? I hope that makes sense.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
It all depends on structure and formulae.
I do a lot of templates and usually put the very first day 1/1/2018 manually then I refer to the cell +1 when daily over a year...so to change to 2019 is 1 cell. Else I save DocYear in defined name, so changing its value update the workbook. If all dates are values in cell (not formulae), you will have to do it manually (using CTRL+F and replace /2018 by /2019 can speed up the process)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back