Formula lookup help

bflan0524

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
hello,
see if i can explain this well. on sheet 1 column A i have a list of unique IDs (surveys), column B is the date of the survey (in form of month), column C is unique identifier for who took the survey

on sheet 2 i have the unique IDs from column A sheet 1, column B is a list of unique identifers for who managed the site in column A , column C is the beginning month when the person in column B owned the id in column A and Column D is the end month for when the person managed the account

for example it may be reflect ID A000000000 was managed by ABC(column B) from Jan (column C) to July (column D) and then next row indicates the same ID was managed by BCD (column B) from August (column C) to December( column D)

i want to do a look to see if who manged the site on sheet 1 at the time of the survey (column B) matches the owner on sheet two .

for example the owner on sheet at the time of the survey, July(column B) for site A000000000 is ABC
on sheet two does that match who was the owner (Column B) for that time period of july

i feel i did an awful job explaining this but hopefully somebody gets what i am trying to do

ty

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back