Suggestions on a to-do list

Nichole09

Board Regular
I amhoping to get some suggestions for what I am trying to accomplish. I amcreating a worksheet for all users in my department. I am looking to create ato-do list section in my worksheet that will include a list of tasks that willbe copied from a website. The user will copy data from this website and I amthinking instead of simply pasting, the user would click a macro that will pastethe data on to a hidden sheet that will then be organized in a particularlayout and pasted on sheet2 where users will do all their work from.
My idea is to copy the “to-do list” from this website we are required toget our tasks from, then paste it to another sheet where a macro will run. Myhope is the macro will put a checkbox (or something similar, some way they canmark off this item was complete) next to each task and then a comment sectionunder each task. Then finally once these tasks are organized in this fashionhave this newly organized list copied and pasted to a text box on sheet2. Now Idon’t believe textboxes in excel can be manipulated in this way, such asshowing checkboxes, however I only have limited space to show the items on thisto-do list (which sometimes can be pretty lengthy) and I like the feature ofthe textbox scrolling to see all the tasks that need to be complete.

Any ideas on how totake a list of tasks that will be pasted and manipulate them to create a sortof checklist users can mark off and make comments about? I appreciate anysuggestions.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back