How to find where result came from comparing to tables using index & min formula

excel2007uk

Hi,

Im not sure if this is possible or if you can think of a way changing a few things so I can do this...

Basically what I'm trying to do is compare 2 tables of prices in sheet 6 then get the cheapest result into sheet 1 and see what suppliers price it is .

I have attempted this by having both price lists with approximately 200 different prices in each in page 6 to the right hand side the on the left I have used the formula =MIN(Q3,Z3) in every cell in the comparison table.

In sheet 1 I have then got the following formula, which basically takes the product spec from sheet 1 (0201 BC) & finds it it the comparison table in sheet 6 (Board Prices) =INDEX('Board Prices'!$C$3:$H$100,MATCH('0201 BC'!$B$14&'0201 BC'!$B$15,'Board Prices'!$A$3:$A$100&'Board Prices'!$B$3:$B$100,0),MATCH($C$28,'Board Prices'!$C$2:H$2,1))

I have several other sheets that use the exact same formula to find the cheapest result in sheet 6.

My problem is in sheet one I never know which the cheapest prices has come from, so I still have to manually find it. In an ideal world i would like the name of the supplier to appear in sheet one, but if it was colour coded this wouldn't be a problem

My knowledge of excel is quite basic so any opinions of if this is even possible or how I can achieve this would be VERY much appreciated

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Your data set up really doesnt help you. Why not create one table with all your prices and have the headers, Product Code, Supplier, Price. You then can use a pivot table the easily see the cheapest supplier against each product and its price.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back