Auto populate holiday tracker from year planner

~TaC~

Hi,

I have a sheet "Planner" where I can input the holidays taken by employees. All these sheets currently work fine as they are if I were to input data manually.

What I am looking to do is auto populate sheet "Holiday Overview" cells C4:N28 with the hours holiday taken which is based on the information input on sheet "Planner".

My theory is that I enter the number of days holiday taken on the "Planner", multiply this by the hours worked each day (so I added column F on sheet "Employees") and then this is the number of hours holiday to add to the corresponding cell on sheet "Holiday Overview". The number of cells filled in on the "Planner" will represent the number of days worked each week which is shown in column G sheet "Employees". I have set marco buttons to add/remove holiday, and then I type the first name of the employee.

The result required is, enter holiday on the "Planner" with first name, cross reference this with the name and month on "holiday Overview" and enter the number of holiday hours taken. This would mean matching the month on "Planner" to the month on "Holiday Overview", matching the name on "Planner" to the first name on "Holiday Overview", and live updating this as holiday is added/removed on the "Planner".

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Rule #13 :
We prefer that members do not cross-post questions to other forums, but when this does occur members should do the following:
- Post the details of your question on our forum. Do NOT simply post a link/re-direct to the question in another forum with no details posted here.
- Make it clear that you have cross-posted and provide links to the cross-posts.
Cross-posted questions that do not comply may be deleted or locked. For a discussion on the issues with cross-posting, see this link: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back