vba to find cells with specific text and call a macro

vijayamani1987

Hi,

I am trying a macro to find a text in any cell at column (D) and activate that cell and call a macro. The following macro works only for first result. How to make it to continue search for the remaining cells in column D.

Sub CloseTest()
With Worksheets("Ledger").Range("D8:D500")
Set c = .Find("Close Now", LookIn:=xlValues).Activate
Call CLoseOrder
End With
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
The help files do not mention it, but my recollection is that if you use the Call keyword, you must include parentheses for the argument list even when there is no argument list required by the subroutine. See if using this works for you...

Call CloseOrder()

Upvote 0
That's not a problem. The above vba works only for the first result. I want it to keep search for the remaining cells in column D.
I guess my recollection was wrong then (I never use the Call keyword when I reach out to other subroutines). Anyway, this should do what you want (the code came from the help files for the Find method for a range)...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Sub CloseTest()
  Dim C As Range, FirstAddr As String
  With Worksheets("Ledger").Range("D8:D500")
    [B][COLOR="#0000FF"]Set C = .Find("Close Now", LookIn:=xlValues)[/COLOR][/B]
    If Not C Is Nothing Then
      FirstAddr = C.Address
      Do
        Call CloseOrder
        Set C = .FindNext(C)
      Loop While Not C Is Nothing And C.Address <> FirstAddr
    End If
  End With
End Sub[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
On caveat though... the Find method for a range "memorizes" some of its arguments for use the next time the Find method is called in code OR from when Excel's Find dialog box was last used. These memorized arguments can cause problems when the Find method is called in code without specifically specifying them. Given that, it would be better if the code line highlighted in blue above specified all of the argument settings instead of just the What and LookIn arguments. You can check out the help files for Range.Find to see what those arguments are and what their settings can be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danni317

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back