Add Drop Down Box in Excel 97

Menessis2

Yes I am still using Excel 97!

I just want to make a spread sheet with about 10 drop downs that I can select text from. It's sort of a "shopping List" that will be printed when filled out.

First tab will have the drop down boxes and the second tab will have all the data.

I spent some time on google trying to find how to do it in 97 and didn't get anywhere. I can do it with VBA but I think this way is much easier.

Thanks for any Help

Menessis

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hello,

Are you thinking about adding ActiveX objects or Forms objects ...?

Upvote 0
Hi James.....i can do it using forms with vb, but im just assuming that it would be easier to add the drop downs right in the first tab rather than doing all the code.

Upvote 0
Hi,

If it is a One Time Only task ... you are right ... you are better off doing it manually ... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The drop downs will have part numbers, supplier names and such. Foreman goes through makes selections, prints it and hands it to the person who will be doing the work. Then it needs to be reset for the next time.

Upvote 0
IIRC 97 had data validation dropdowns, but you'll need to name the data ranges on the second sheet to be able to refer to them in the data validation settings.

Upvote 0
I was tinkering with that but couldnt figure out how it works. Or not even knowing if it would work for what I want. I will go back and try some more.

Thanks
Menessis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back