Is Nested IF statements best option for what I need?

AnthonyW

Not new to Excel but still a novice and I'm not sure how to solve my problem with a spreadsheet I'm working on. If I can solve the problem with the first cell then the others will be easier to correct because they will contain the same function just a different cell reference. So here's my issue:

I have a spreadsheet that users will input data into. Cell C6 will contain a number between 1-10 for frequency. Cell D6 will contain a number representing minutes and Cell E6 will have a number 1-7 for days of the week which gives me a total in Cell F6 (C6*D6*E6). In cells G6:M6 users will enter a zero or number of minutes for a specific day of the week. Cells O6:U6 are the cells I need my functions to work based on information entered by the user. All data is dependent on Cell E6. If the user enters a 5 or less then I only need numbers to appear in 5 or less cell. For example: User enters Cell C (1) Cell D6 (30) Cell E6 (5) and Excel gives me 150 minutes total in Cell F6.

Users then move to Cell G6 (representing Sunday) and will enter a 0 or Number. I need O6 to respond to what the user enters. If E6 is less than 6 the user will enter a 0 in Cell G6. I need O6 to show 0. If users enter a 7 in E6 they will enter a number in G6. Once that number is entered I need O6 to divide F6/E6-G6.

I can get Excel to respond if E6 is a 7 but if users enter a 5 I cannot get O6 to return a zero if a zero is entered by error in G6. It will complete my F6/E6-G6 function and return a 30. I'm sure this is a simple fix but I have not been able to figure it out so I would appreciate any help.

Anthony

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi Anthony,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but hopefully it's a good starting point (cell O6):
=IF(E6<6,0,IF(G6>0,F6/E6-G6,""))

Let me know if formula needs any adjustments.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back