Find the current status

tahir573

Hi All,

I need help creating an excel sheet for my project. I am posting my excel sheet data for your attention:

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY
1S#Name of WorkMonthYearDateReceivedDateCreatedLast Dateof ValidityMarketingAccounts & Finance
2OfficerSignedSent toManagerReceived fromManagerSent toDirectorReceived from DirectorOfficer SignedSent toManagerReceived fromManagerSent toDirectorReceived fromDirector
3O/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.Date
41Project Name: Mkt/Spl/2018/001Project Short Description:Attached Products:Approved Marketing Plan:July2018-1907-Jul-201810-Jul-201810-Aug-201811-Jul-2018001/O/W12-Jul-2018001/I/W12-Jul-2018002/O/W12-Jul-2018002/I/W14-Jul-201815-Jul-2018001/O/W15-Jul-2018002/I/W18-Jul-2018002/I/W18-Jul-2018002/I/W19-Jul-2018
Master

Here you can see that I have columns (Department Names - Merged - You can say it Primary) and progress date, inwards and outwards numbers (Single Columns - not merged - You can say them secondary).

Now I want to get the current status of my file. I am trying to get the last non-blanked cell (or you can suggest me if there's another way) by using some logical formulas (if, or, and = "") but failed to get the results. Please help me solving this problem.

Best Regards!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Do you want the last used cell in a row OR a column ??
Do you want the value in that cell or the address of that cell ?

Upvote 0
Do you want the last used cell in a row OR a column ??
Do you want the value in that cell or the address of that cell ?

Thanks, Michael for your reply. Sorry for the late reply as I am having some problems with my laptop.

Well, I want the last used cell in a row and result in Z4. But the question is that how I get the appropriate location (for example last used is N4 where my project is "Sent to Director (M2), Marketing (H1) on Date (N4). That's the problem from which I am trying to sort out.

Will you please help me in sorting out my problem?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'd like to try, but now I'm even more confused....Yoou don't want ALL of them in Z4 do you ???

Upvote 0
I'd like to try, but now I'm even more confused....Yoou don't want ALL of them in Z4 do you ???

Yeah, I can understand your confusion Michael. Well, I am giving an example that last filled or used cell is N4 and remaining all cells are blank or not used. Column Z is the current status column so the result or the current status of the project file is that it is sent to director marketing on date 12-jul-2018. So the value in Z4 should be the same (M2 & H1 & N4).

Hope you understand what I want.

Upvote 0
Is it so that you want the value in Z4 to equal the value in M4 as soon as you change the value in N4?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm trying to understand what you really want here, but can't really see it.
What do you mean by "the last non-blank value"?
All cells in the picture you showed here are non-blank.
Which one is the last?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to understand what you really want here, but can't really see it.
What do you mean by "the last non-blank value"?
All cells in the picture you showed here are non-blank.
Which one is the last?

Sorry trimmjens for the confusion. I have given an example for non-blank value in my previous replies to Michael. Well, I am posting an Image below for understanding:

Master

1S#Name of WorkMonthYearDate
Received
Date
Created
MarketingAccounts & Finance
2Officer
Signed
Received from
Manager
Sent to
Director
Received from DirectorOfficer SignedSent to
Manager
Sent to
Director
Received from
Director
3O/W No.DateDateO/W No.DateI/W No.DateDateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.Date
41Project Name: Mkt/Spl/2018/001
Project Short Description:
Attached Products:
Approved Marketing Plan:
July2018-1907-Jul-201810-Jul-201810-Aug-201811-Jul-2018001/O/W12-Jul-2018001/I/W12-Jul-2018002/O/W12-Jul-2018

<colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; "><col style="width:21px;"><col style="width:213px;"><col style="width:49px;"><col style="width:54px;"><col style="width:97px;"><col style="width:88px;"><col style="width:83px;"><col style="width:82px;"><col style="width:79px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:63px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:63px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:57px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:63px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:56px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:63px;"><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:56px;"><col style="width:76px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Tabellen im Web darstellen >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4.8

Now in the image above the last non-blank cell is N4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excel Workbook
1S#Name of WorkMonthYearDateReceivedDateCreatedLast Dateof ValidityMarketingAccounts & Finance
2OfficerSignedSent toManagerReceived fromManagerSent toDirectorReceived from DirectorOfficer SignedSent toManagerReceived fromManagerSent toDirectorReceived fromDirector
3O/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.DateO/W No.DateI/W No.Date
41Project Name: Mkt/Spl/2018/001Project Short Description:Attached Products:Approved Marketing Plan:July2018-1907-Jul-201810-Jul-201810-Aug-201811-Jul-2018001/O/W12-Jul-2018001/I/W12-Jul-2018002/O/W12-Jul-2018
Master

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back