How to create a Global scope name range

Sean15

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi:

How does one create a name range that will be available to any worksheet or workbook or any newly created worksheet? I tried setting named range scope to “worksheet” but the name range is not available to another workbook or newly created worksheet. Could someone help please?

Regards,

Sean

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Create a workbook with the names (and anything else you like -- styles, fonts, custom number formats, ...) and save as Book.xltx in your XLSTART folder. That becomes the default template when you start Excel or do Ctrl+N (new workbook).

If the workbook has more than one sheet, delete all but one and save that as Sheet.xltx in the same folder. That becomes the default template when you add a worksheet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi:

Thanks for your help. I am on a corporate network and I am not allowed anywhere beyond our department’s network drive. Is there another way to do this? I have 75 workbooks I have to update today and I just need to reuse the five named ranges I created in workbook no1. Is it that I have to re-create the named range every time?

Regards

Sean

Upvote 0
If a given workbook has all these names, in what way are you using them?

Upvote 0
I should note that you can write code to add dynamic or static names to any workbook.

Upvote 0
Hi

I have a main worksheet with account no, opening and closing balances. I created name range for each heading. I use INDEX and MATCH to get required values. Named ranges were created in workbook A. I just can’t get the name ranges to appear in workbooks B, C...

Regards

Sean

Upvote 0
Record a macro adding the names?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back