Editable cells in Power Pivot table - Need help disabling

ljhami

I've come across a problem I didn't know was possible and need some help disabling it.

I originally created a Power Pivot table for my boss. At some point working with it he enabled the ability to edit the cells directly in the Pivot. He is not sure how or when it happened, it was later realized, but either way it needs to be taken back off.

I have looked everywhere possible that I can think of and have hit a wall. The fields displayed don't include any measures. I've heard the suggestion it could be the 'What-If Analysis - Enable Cell Editing' in the Pivot Options under the Data tab but that is greyed out completely still.

I would attach the document for better context but I can't because of the information on it. I am currently using Excel 2016.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Just to be clear, was a value item changed or a row/column label changed?

Upvote 0
It's the ability to edit the item value itself. Not the headers or labels. It still operates like a normal pivot, the data source is still the same, and the slicers still filter correctly. Just for some reason now you can literally enter in any random number in the field area like a normal cell and it will allow it. I'm don't understand how or why and he doesn't know how to get to any VBA windows so it can' be that. He could've possibly gone into the manage data model but I didn't find any settings there either that could change it.

I would just use an older version if I could but too many edit have been made to it a this point.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back